Monday, December 20, 2010

Libeled Lady (1936) Powell, Loy, Tracy & Harlow..what a cast!!!


Libeled Lady (1936) MGM Studios
Directed By: Jack Conway
Starring: William Powell, Myrna Loy, Jean Harlow & Spencer Tracy


~ Nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture in 1937!~

Quotes:

"She may be his wife, but she's engaged to me!"
"Would I ask you to do this thing for me if I didn't consider you practically my wife?"
"If he's first class, I'm traveling steerage."
"You can't build a life on hate, or a marriage on spite. Marriage is too important. Mine only lasted an hour, but... I know."
Plot:


Warren Haggerty (Tracy) is the chief editor of a NY newspaper whom is looking to find a hot newstory on the very wealthy socialite Connie Allenbury (Loy). Connie is ...placing a five million dollar claim against the paper due to slander of a front page story that was not true about hert. To combat this issue Haggerty then hires Bill Chandler (Powell) to get a juicy story that Connie will have an affiar with him whom is a married man. The whole situation will be fictitous even the marriage with Gladys (Harlow) whom is Haggerty's long time fiance. This is the true definition of a real screwball comedy!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment