Best Leading Ladies of 2014 - Here at "Love Those Classic Movies!" we will celebrate the current classics being leading men, women, directors, films and more. This is the 1st Annual LTCM Awards for current classics.
The first category as one can deduce is the; "Best Leading Ladies" where the Top Eight will be celebrated. Here is my awards that I truly thought were outstanding roles played by outstanding leading ladies. My top eight are in random order (from top left to right in photo): Julianne Moore, Jennifer Aniston, Carmen Ejogo, Anne Dorval, Marion Cotillard, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Jenny Slate, & Amy Adams.
The Outstanding Role/Motion Picture:
- Julianne Moore - The role: Alice Howland, Motion Picture: "Still Alice"
- Jennifer Aniston - The role: Claire Bennett, Motion Picture: "Cake"
- Carmen Ejogo - The role: Coretta Scott King, Motion Picture: "Selma"
- Anne Dorval - The role: Diane 'Die' Després, Motion Picture: "Mommy"
- Marion Cotillard - The role: Sandra, Motion Picture: "Two Days, One Night"
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw - The role (for 2 motion pictures): Dido Elizabeth Belle & Noni, Motion Picture: "Belle" & "Beyond The Lights"
- Jenny Slate - The role: Donna Stern, Motion Picture: "Obvious Child"
- Amy Adams - The role: Margaret Keane, Motion Picture: "Big Eyes"
I truly loved all of these actors in these roles and specifically in these respective films. There are as in all year's runner's-up that are worthy of mention such as: Rosemond Pike, Rosario Dawson, Sienna Miller, Felicity Jones, & Essie Davis.
Now it is your turn my fellow classic movie buffs - Share with us your thoughts.
What would your Top 8 Leading Ladies for 2014 be?
Do you agree or disagree with my list, why?